Friday, November 15, 2019

Week 7 Forum

My hometown is a wonderful place-- Wilsonville, Oregon. Wilsonville is a place of very tolerant, nice, wealthy, and some smug people. It is extremely clean compared to the streets down here, it is very well-lit, safe (Very rarely hear sirens), has a great housing development, and the 3rd best education system in Oregon. The sports teams at the high school have always been very good and have had high amounts of class and composure-- Wilsonville prides themselves on that. I'm excited to go back there during Thanksgiving time to be with my family, some old friends, and shoot some photos. One idea I have is shooting the football field and stadium. No other stadium in the state is like Wilsonville-- It's a bowl. The landscaping and texture of everything is amazing, they even have a tunnel from their locker room leading to their field. A tunnel. What high school do you see with athletes running out of a tunnel with a smoke machine going off? A very rich one. The architecture of the school is next-level, especially when it comes to the sports facility and sports grounds. Another idea I have is maybe just taking pictures of interesting things I see walking down the streets-- there's always construction going on, but that may be too boring. I have a big, diverse family. Maybe I could shoot them doing something interesting. Wilsonville has all their shopping centers full of Santa 6 weeks before the holiday, there's lots I could shoot. Just gotta find what's most interesting to me and my camera. I think the biggest challenge will be shooting an activity, just because it's hard to get quality pictures in that field.

For my photo story I think I may choose someone I know and follow them into their profession on a few occasions because I think that's a good way to dive into the life of somebody and see where they're at, and where they want to be.

Another option is meeting someone at school and meeting up with them a few times to take photos and dive into their life. We could go to their work, a coffee shop, the grocery store, etc. I will go about documenting these subjects by setting them up in the right place and capturing as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment